More from my interview with Alex Carroll of RadioPublicity.com:
10 things you need to have before doing radio interviews:
1. You've got to have a good show.
2. A toll-free number.
3. A web site is much more important now than a toll-free number.
4. Accept credit cards.
5. You may want to use an answering service. Wait and see what the demand is.
6. A good clear phone line to do interviews from.
7. A call recorder so you can critique your interviews afterwards.
8. A database of the top radio shows.
9. A great press kit.
10. Credentials: either PhD, etc. or experiential; for example, an ex-courier driver who beat 8 out of 10 tickets.