One of the best ways to get your message passed on is to include a joke. While your entire message may not get passed on, the joke will be. For example, here's a joke I just received from Ken Darby, who sends out thePEBBLE Article for Print ezine, which always includes a joke, a saying, and an article that are all available for reprint at any time. He requires that if you reprint the article, you include his credits. See his credits at the end of this joke.
You may not know that many non-living things have a gender. For example:
1) Ziploc Bags -- They are Male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them.
2) Copiers -- They are Female, because once turned off, it takes a while to warm them up again. It's an effective reproductive device if the right buttons are pushed, but can wreak havoc if the wrong buttons are pushed.
3) Tire -- Male, because it goes bald and it's often over-inflated.
4) Hot Air Balloon -- Male, because, to get it to go anywhere, you have to light a fire under it and, of course, there's the hot air component.
5) Sponges -- Female, because they're soft, squeezable and retain water.
6) Web Page -- Female, because it's always getting hit on.
7) Subway -- Male, because it uses the same old lines to pick people up.
8) Hourglass -- Female, because over time, the weight can shift to the bottom.
9) Hammer -- Male, because it hasn't changed much over the last 5,000 years, but it's handy to have around.
10) Remote Control -- Female. Ha! You thought it'd be Male. But consider this -- it gives a man pleasure, he'd be lost without it, and while he doesn't always know the right buttons to push, he keeps trying.
Ken Darby authors many articles found in newspapers and magazines throughout North America. He is the author of The Saga Of Pinehill, The Adventure, ISBN 1-4137-4723-X, now available through your favorite bookstore. Web: http://www.the-pebble.com. Email: email@example.com.