Last night, on my 63rd birthday, I hosted a Book Marketing Birthday Bash Q&A teleseminar. Here are a few of the questions that were asked and answered during the session:
- I write children's books and magazine and newspaper articles. Do I need 2 websites, 1 for each?
- What is the single biggest mistake self-publishing authors make promoting their books?
- Can you give me any branding tips for book authors?
- What are the best ways to gun up audience for Twitter or blogs?
- What is a blog tour?
- How do you get invited on a blog tour?
- My book has been at the publishers for a while now. I do not know when it will be completed so I am not too sure what kind of marketing to do without a publication date. Any suggestions?
- What's your feeling on the usefulness of book trailers?
- We have a Christian book about weight loss. We have a website for the book. How would you recommend marketing it to churches around the country?
- Is there an ideal size for an ebook? For example, the number of print pages that makes for a good ebook?
- Is it a good idea to put your e-book in Amazon's free Kindle library? Any advantages?
- Which is your favorite service for ebook conversion and distribution?
- Is the book cover important in selling an ebook?
- What, if anything, are the best kinds of swag to have for conferences, book stores, etc.?
- My novel is published as an ebook only. Will your Real Fast Book Marketing program be a good fit for me?
At the same URL, you can also download the teleseminar as an MP3 for listening as you drive, pack your books, jog, exercise, or work on your computer.
Your webinar on your birthday was SO helpful! I took notes throughout the hour and will plan to check out the many sites and ideas you recommended. I’ll continue listening to you and recommending you to my writing friends. - Kayleen Reusser, author of Recipe and Craft Guide to Indonesia
John Kremer is the author of 1001 Ways to Market Your Books as well as the developer of the following programs:
Book Marketing Magic: http://www.bookmarket.com/novelmarketing.htm - How to market novels, children's books, memoirs, and more. $48 special offer
15,000 Eyeballs Internet Marketing Program: http://www.bookmarket.com/15000eyeballs.htm - Ten lessons on how to get thousands of impressions for you, your book, your blog, or your website. $50
Real Fast Book Marketing: http://www.bookmarket.com/realfastbookmarketing.htm - How to sell 100 to 200 copies of any book in two weeks or less. $97
Blog Tour Palooza: http://www.bookmarket.com/blog-tour-palooza.htm - How to carry out a blog tour or virtual book tour that gets millions of impressions, builds your brand, and sells thousands of books. $297