Sunday, August 05, 2012

Book Printing Definitions: Bindery Folds

Here are a few of the folds that you can have a bindery do to create interesting brochures.

Fold type - The type of fold required to finish a piece.

Folder - A bindery machine dedicated to folding printed materials. Also known as a folding machine.

accordion fold

Accordion fold - Two or more parallel folds which open like an accordion. Also known as a Z fold.

French fold brochure

French fold - A sheet of paper printed on one side, folded once vertically and once horizontally to make a four-page or eight-page brochure.

gate fold brochure

Gate fold - A sheet that folds where each side folds toward the gutter in overlapping layers.

letter fold

Letter fold - Two folds creating three panels that allow a sheet of letterhead to fit a business envelope. Also called barrel fold or wrap around fold.

Find a Book Printer
blog comments powered by Disqus